Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Tue May 28, 2013
What's New on WKAR, May 24
We explore the world of new classical recordings outside of Michigan on this edition of What's New. The Midwest is represented by both the Indianapolis Symphony with Antonin Dvorak's tone poem The Water Goblin and Illinois native Conrad Tao's new disc of music by California composer Gordon Getty. Also, Portugal's Dryads Duo and pianist Edward Auer and the Shanghai Quartet play Chopin.
Chopin/Piano Concerto #1/Auer, Shanghai Quartet/Culture Demain
Janacek/Sonata for Violin and Piano/Dryads Duo/Fundacao
Dvorak/The Water Goblin/Indianapolis Sym, Markl/Telarc