Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon August 3, 2009
Whalen, Jones lead Sun to 83-65 win over Shock
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Lindsay Whalen scored 22 points, Asjha Jones had 20 and the Connecticut Sun snapped a three-game losing streak with a 83-65 win over the Detroit Shock on Sunday.
Sandrine Gruda added 11 points for Connecticut (10-9), which moved into tie with Washington for second place in the Eastern Conference - five games behind Indiana.
Deanna Nolan scored 20 points and Cheryl Ford had nine points and 10 rebounds for sixth-place Detroit (6-10).
The Sun led 50-33 at halftime, matching their biggest lead of the first half, and stretched the advantage to 24 on Tan White's 3-pointer with 6:51 left in the third quarter.