Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
TV Made in Michigan
Thu September 19, 2013
WATCH NOW: Greg Kelser on Current Sports | #101
On the premiere of Current Sports TV, host Al Martin talks in depth with former Spartan and NBA star Greg "Special K" Kelser.
Now an announcer for Fox Sports and the Big Ten, Kelser talks about his experiences at MSU and in the NBA and offers his opinion on the controversial issue of whether or not to compensate university athletes. Also, comments by MSU athletic director Mark Hollis.
Greg Kelser graduated from Michigan State University and was known as "Special K" when he played for the MSU men's championship basketball team. Along with Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Kelser captained the Spartans to the 1979 NCAA basketball championship, defeating Larry Bird and the Indiana State Sycamores. That same year, Kelser was named both All-America 1st Team and Academic All-America 1st Team, the first in MSU basketball history. He would become the fourth player selected in the 1979 NBA draft by the Detroit Pistons and played for six years. He has served as a television announcer and color commentator for the Pistons since 1988 and the Big Ten Conference since 1987.
first aired 9/12/2013