Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed August 12, 2009
Wallace returns to the Pistons
By Associated Press
DETROIT – AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - Ben Wallace says he was very close to
retiring before deciding to rejoin the Detroit Pistons.
After three seasons away from Detroit, the four-time All Star
signed a free-agent contract Wednesday with the Pistons. Wallace
won an NBA title with Detroit in 2004 and went back to the finals
In July 2006, he signed a free-agent deal with Chicago, and was
traded to Cleveland in 2008. This summer, he was traded to Phoenix
in the Shaquille O'Neal trade, only to have his contract bought out
by the Suns.
Wallace said he considered retirement, but said that his good
memories from Detroit and encouragement from former teammates
Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince helped him decide to come