Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Tue June 12, 2012
This Friday night beginning at 8 p.m. -- back by viewer demand -- "British Beat" and "’50s Pop" return for your Viewers' Choice specials.
At 8 p.m., “The British Beat” travels to London and around the UK to the place where the British Beat was born. The special features archival full-length performance films from some of musical groups that made up the “British Invasion” in the 1960s, along with live performances recorded throughout the UK. Petula Clark, a product of the “British Invasion” herself, hosts.
At 10 p.m., the viewer favorite “Magic Moments: The Best of ‘50s Pop,” returns to bring back the happiest hits from the days of poodle skirts and penny loafers. The unforgettable concert features singing sensations from a kinder and gentler time. Pat Boone, Phyllis McGuire and Nick Clooney co-host. Others entertaining viewers in new or archival performances include Patti Page, the Four Aces, Perry Como, Johnny Ray, the McGuire Sisters, the Chordettes, the Four Preps and Debbie Reynolds.
WKAR-TV wraps up its annual June on-air fundraising campaign on June 17, with a goal of $135,000.
To donate to WKAR during the campaign, Give Now Here or call (517) 355-2323.