Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Radio Made in Michigan
Fri March 22, 2013
A tour of Lansing's Albert Kahn building
Architect Albert Kahn was famous for his Michigan buildings, among them Detroit’s Fisher Building and General Motors Headquarters, Ann Arbor’s Hill Auditorium and the many functional but distinctive factories and industrial facilities throughout Detroit and the U.S. Lansing is home to one Kahn building, the former Motor Wheel Factory.
The Motor Wheel factory has been converted into modern loft-style condominiums. WKAR’s Peter Whorf recently met with Lansing-based architecture writer and blogger John T. Madden to talk about Motor Wheel and Albert Kahn.