Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon August 3, 2009
Tiger Woods wins Buick Open by 3 strokes
GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, MI – Tiger Woods has another trophy for his overflowing collection.
Woods shot a 69 Sunday and coasted to a three-shot victory with a 20-under 268 at the Buick Open for the 69th PGA Tour title of his career.
He improved to 36-1 when he has the outright lead after 54 holes. Woods has four wins this season - doubling the total of his nearest competitors - in just 11 starts since returning from knee surgery.
Roland Thatcher (64) briefly shared the lead at 17 under and finished tied for second with Greg Chalmers (68) and John Senden (70).
Woods will play at the Bridgestone Invitational next before going to Hazeltine for the PGA Championship in his final chance to win a major this year.