Most Active Stories
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
Fri July 24, 2009
Tiger to play in Buick Open
GRAND BLANC, MI – Tiger Woods has decided to play in the Buick Open as he prepares for the final major of the year.
Woods announced Thursday that he would return to the Buick Open, which he has won twice. His long-time endorsement deal with Buick ended early last year, and there were questions whether Woods would play.
Woods did not play the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines earlier this year because he had not returned from knee surgery.
The decision means Woods is likely to play three straight weeks concluding with the PGA Championship. Between the Buick Open and the PGA Championship is the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone, a World Golf Championship that Woods has won six times.