Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu June 11, 2009
SPLC says Mich. man recently took over Web site
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – The Southern Poverty Law Center says the suspect in the fatal shooting of a security guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum recently transferred the domain name of
his racist Web site to a man in southwestern Michigan.
Records show James von Brunn created www.holywesternempire.org
in October 2000.
The hate-crime watchdog group says Steve Reimink acquired the
domain name around the first of this month. The group designated it as a hate Web site in 2003.
Reimink lives in Ottawa County's Grand Haven Township, about 25 miles west of Grand Rapids. He has not responded to phone messages and e-mails seeking comment.
His father, Floyd Reimink, declined to answer questions Thursday before hanging up on an Associated Press reporter.