Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu August 13, 2009
Shiawassee Co. prosecutor admits drunken driving
OWOSSO, MI – The Shiawassee County prosecutor has pleaded guilty to a charge of drunken driving connected to a July 7 crash.
Prosecutor Randy Colbry also pleaded no contest to a second charge of failure to stop at the scene of an accident.
When asked about the incident in court Thursday, Colbry told the judge he was intoxicated from vodka at the time of the accident about 20 miles west of Flint.
Colbry released a statement after the court hearing apologizing for his actions and saying he will be a better prosecutor as a result of accepting responsibility for them. His attorney, Jose Brown, told The Flint Journal that Colbry does not plan to resign. Colbry currently is on leave from the prosecutor's office.
His sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 8.