Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon October 19, 2009
Race officials say 3 men die in Detroit marathon
DETROIT – Autopsies are expected after three half-marathoners died during the Detroit marathon.
Officials say 36-year-old Daniel Langdon of Laingsburg collapsed at about 9:02 a.m. Sunday between the 11- and 12-mile markers and 65-year-old Rick Brown of Marietta, Ohio collapsed at 9:17 a.m., near where Langdon went down.
Officials say 26-year-old Jon Fenlon of Waterford collapsed at about 9:18 a.m., just after finishing the 13.1-mile half-marathon in 1:53:37.
Autopsies were planned for Monday.
Rich Harshbarger, vice president of consumer marketing for the Detroit Media Partnership, told the Detroit Free Press emergency personnel were on the scene within seconds.
More than 19,000 people were registered to participate in the 32nd Detroit Free Press/Flagstar Marathon.