The Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office said it will file sexual assault charges again three Michigan State University football players soon.
Ingham County Prosecutor Carol A. Siemon said she has authorized sexual assault charges against three MSU football players, who have not been publicly named.
The case was investigated by the Michigan State University Police Department.
"We are alleging that on the night of January 16, those three persons sexually assaulted a woman in an East Lansing apartment on campus," said Prosecutor Siemon in a statement released to the media on Monday afternoon.
Siemon also said it will not press charges against a former employee of the MSU football program.
"Our office also reviewed charges against an individual who previously worked for the Michigan State University football program," said Siemon in the media statement. "This did not concern any allegation of criminal sexual conduct. After review, I have declined to issue charges and no warrant will be issued."
Last week, MSU announced that it would not renew the contract of Curtis Blackwell, who was Director of College Advancement and Performance. Blackwell had been suspended with pay starting in February in connection with the ongoing investigation.
On Monday, MSU Board of Trustees met with Head Football Coach Mark Dantonio and Athletic Director Mark Hollis. After the meeting Board Chairman Brian Breslin read a statement. It said it part:
"While it is not the practice of the board to make a statement after a work session, given the rumors that have been swirling in the media over the weekend, we, the Board, state that President Simon, Athletic Director Hollis and Coach Dantonio have the full support of this Board."