Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu June 11, 2009
Perfect road trip paved Pens' way to Cup finals
PITTSBURGH – No matter what happens in Detroit when the puck drops for Game 7 tomorrow night, the Penguins have gotten further than last year.
In 2008, the season ended one game earlier against the Red Wings, who took Game 6 in Pittsburgh and paraded around the Mellon Arena ice with the Stanley Cup.
Not that the Penguins would feel any better to see the Red Wings celebrate again at home. But Pittsburgh at least knows it has a shot to win the Cup with one win in a place that hasn't produced many happy moments for them.
The Penguins are 1-5 at Joe Louis Arena in the past two finals, and have been outscored there 11-2 in this series. Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby hasn't scored a goal in any of those six games.