Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed February 3, 2010
Ottawa Street Power Station redevelopment shaping up
By Rob South, WKAR News
LANSING, MI – Reigniting an Icon A major milestone in the renovation of the Ottawa Street Power Station this winter was the removal of a set of cooling towers and a parking ramp which had obscured the building for decades. The historic building is being turned into office-space for the Accident Fund Insurance Company.
The view from Grand Avenue is now nearly identical to what it was when the power station was built over 70 years ago. As WKAR's Rob South reports as part of our Re-Igniting an Icon series, an important part of the work being done is to keep the building's historic lines intact.