Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue October 6, 2009
New-look Pistons beat Heat, 87-83
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Will Bynum scored 15 points and the new-look Detroit Pistons got off to a successful start with a 87-83 victory over the Miami Heat on Monday night in the pre-season
opener for both teams.
Dwyane Wade led Miami with 18 points.
The Pistons led by as many as 17 in the second half, but Miami came back in the fourth quarter. The Heat comeback was helped by a mistake by the replacement officials with 1:21 left. Bynum made two free throws to apparently put Detroit up 87-78, but the Miami players pointed out that Bynum hadn't been fouled on the play.
After a discussion, the points were taken off the board and Maceo Baston was sent to the line, where he missed both shots.