Most Active Stories
- Sweetie-licious Slice of Life: A Farm to Table Gathering
- Book Review: for Banned Book Week, Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" | WKAR
- Governor Snyder Close To Supporting Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Edibles
- Ice Bridge: Mackinac Island's Hidden Season
- Off the Record | September 26, 2014 | #4414
Wed July 2, 2014
Neighbors in Action: MY Lansing CAP
It’s Wednesday and time for our Neighbors in Action segment, where we feature people and organizations working to make our community a better place. Today we feature the Mayor’s Young Lansing Coalition and Partnerships, or MY Lansing CAP. The coalition, which was officially announced last week, features a broad array of community partners and stakeholders that are coming together to improve the quality of life for Lansing’s young people of color.
To learn more about MY Lansing CAP, Current State speaks with three people who helped make this all happen. Angela Waters Austin is the director of One Love Global. DeLisa Fountain is a lead organizer with Nurturing Early On is Necessary, or NEON. And Tim Lloyd is a lead organizer for Saving Our Sons.
We could always use more nominations and we know there are people and organizations out there that are doing excellent work, but we just don’t know about them. Please help us out and tweet us suggestions at @KARCurrentState or send us an email to Currentstate@wkar.org. Put “Neighbors in Action” in the subject line and tell us why you think they should be featured for the great work they do.
Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture