Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri June 22, 2012
MSU Summer Program Preps Tomorrow's Jazz Masters
This week, dozens of aspiring young musicians are wrapping up their time in the woodshed. That’s how jazz artists describe the countless hours of practice to hone their skills and develop their craft.
More than 70 students aged 11 through 18 have been taking part in the annual Community Music School Summer Jazz Camp at Michigan State University.
This year, acclaimed trombone player Wycliffe Gordon taught a jazz master class to get the students ready for their final exam: a live performance tonight at the Summer Solstice Jazz Festival in East Lansing.
WKAR's Kevin Lavery produced this audio postcard.