Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu July 12, 2012
Michigan St. Plans November Opening for Broad Art Museum
A new opening date has been set for the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum on the campus of Michigan State University.
The East Lansing school announced Thursday that a dedication for the Zaha Hadid-designed contemporary art museum would be Nov. 9. An open house is planned for the next day. Details about opening events are expected to be released later by the school.
The museum originally had been scheduled to open in April, but officials earlier said a delay in key custom-made glass panes forced a postponement.
The Broads have given $28 million for the museum.