Most Active Stories
- Sweetie-licious Slice of Life: A Farm to Table Gathering
- Book Review: for Banned Book Week, Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" | WKAR
- Governor Snyder Close To Supporting Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Edibles
- Ice Bridge: Mackinac Island's Hidden Season
- Off the Record | September 26, 2014 | #4414
Tue July 8, 2014
Michigan lures anglers for bass
Fishing in Michigan is big business. The state DNR estimates that anglers spent $2.4 billion in trip-related expenses and equipment in 2011. Besides Michigan’s Great Lakes and rivers, our inland lakes attract considerable fishing as well. In fact, six Michigan lakes were recently included in a national fishing magazine’s “100 Best Bass Lakes of 2014” list.
Current State’s Melissa Benmark talked bass fishing recently with Dr. Mary Tate Bremigan of Michigan State University’s Department of Fisheries and Wildlife.
This segment is supported by Michigan State University's Knight Center for Environmental Journalism. More news about the Great Lakes environment can be found at GreatLakesEcho.org and on Current State every Tuesday as part of our partnership.