Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri May 1, 2009
MI Has Six New Probable Flu Cases
By Kevin Lavery, WKAR Radio News
East Lansing, MI – East Lansing, MI
Kevin Lavery, WKAR Radio News
Michigan health officials are reporting six new probable cases of swine flu in the state.
All of the cases are in Ottawa County.
At this point, there are only two confirmed H-1-N-1 influenza cases in Michigan.
Janet Olszewski directs the Michigan Department of Community Health.
She says the six new probable cases do not raise the state's level of alert.
This week, Michigan received 25% of its portion of the national stockpile of antiviral medications.
The state is working towards the ability to test probable cases locally, rather than shipping samples to the CDC in Atlanta