Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue October 13, 2009
Lions want wins, not rest for Stafford and Johnson
ALLEN PARK, MI – Lions coach Jim Schwartz says he will not take an upcoming bye into consideration when deciding if quarterback Matthew Stafford and receiver Calvin Johnson will play
at Green Bay.
Schwartz said Monday "we're trying to win" when asked if he might rest Stafford and Johnson against the Packers because Detroit is off the following week.
Stafford did not play in Sunday's loss against Pittsburgh after injuring his right knee the previous week.
Johnson started the game, but did not finish because he hurt his right knee.
Schwartz says the injury is not significant.