Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon March 12, 2012
Lansing Community College Strategic Plan Public Forums Begin
Lansing Community College will launch a series of public meetings today as part of its strategic planning process. LCC is required by it accrediting body, the Higher Learning Commission, to have a strategic plan in place...and to use it. The school last revised its strategic plan in 2006.
Provost Stephanie Shanblatt says it's important to hear from local businesses, potential students, and parents.
"We think it's important every few years to take a step back and look at what we're doing," Shanblatt says, "and make sure that we are doing what we need to do for our community."
Ten forums are scheduled through March 29th in a number of locales in LCC's service area.
A written strategic plan is due in the fall.
The first of the LCC forums is this morning in the Administration Building boardroom, from 8 to 9:30 a-m.