Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Fri March 22, 2013
Jobless Rates Rise In All Michigan Labor Markets
Michigan says the state's seasonally unadjusted unemployment rate rose statewide and is up in all 17 major job markets, mainly because of the usual winter downturn.
The state announced Thursday that Michigan's seasonally unadjusted jobless rate hit 9.7 percent in January, up from 8.9 percent in December. When adjusted for seasonal changes, the rate of 8.9 percent in January was unchanged from December.
The Department of Technology, Management & Budget says employment and labor force levels fell seasonally in all regions.