Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon September 7, 2009
Inge hits grand slam in 9th inning, Tigers rally
ST. PETERSBURG, FL – Brandon Inge hit a grand slam in the ninth inning and the Detroit Tigers picked apart Tampa Bay's bullpen and beat the Rays 5-3 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
After Rays starter Wade Davis pitched seven sharp innings in his major league debut, Detroit rallied against four relievers in the ninth. Inge capped the comeback, connecting with one out against Russ Springer (0-3) for his fifth career slam.
Edwin Jackson (12-6) allowed three runs and six hits in eight innings. Brandon Lyon pitched the ninth for his third save.
Evan Longoria hit his career-high 28th homer for the Rays, who have lost eight and 11.