Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue July 28, 2009
Hunter, Cruz lift Rangers over Tigers
ARLINGTON, TX – Rookie Tommy Hunter pitched a career-high seven innings, Nelson Cruz and Michael Young homered, and the Texas Rangers finally beat the AL Central-leading Detroit
Tigers 5-2 on Monday night.
The Rangers had lost the first six meetings with the Tigers this season to drop to 3-14 against them over the last three years before Hunter (3-1) pitched Texas to its seventh victory in eight games.
Hunter allowed one run and five hits in his sixth major league start. C.J. Wilson pitched the ninth for his 11th save in 13 chances, finishing it off in a light rain.