Heroin Blamed In MSU Student Death

Aug 18, 2017

A Michigan State University student has died of an apparent heroin overdose in the 1100 block of Beech Street. 


East Lansing Police Lt. Steve Gonzalez says a friend of the student called police shortly before midnight when there was no answer at his door. Officers forced their way in and found the deceased inside the apartment.

Lt. Gonzalez says there were no signs of foul play.

No name has been released, but Lt. Gonzalez says the deceased is a 22-year-old man from the west Michigan town of Mattawan.