Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Radio Made in Michigan
Thu February 7, 2013
Forecast Calls For Up To Foot Of Snow In Michigan
The National Weather Service says up to a foot of fresh snow is in the forecast for parts of Michigan.
The weather service's Grand Rapids office says 6 to 12 inches of snow could accumulate north of Interstate 96 and 3 to 6 inches in some other parts of West Michigan starting Thursday and into Friday. Some spots could get more than a foot. In the northern Lower Peninsula, 6 to 10 inches could fall.
The Lansing area is expected to receive 3 to 5 inches.
On Thursday, snow fell at a rate of about an inch an hour in the Holland area.
In and around the state's rural Thumb area, the weather service says 6 to 11 inches is possible as the storm hits the region.
Southeast Michigan also is expected to get several inches by Friday morning.