Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed September 2, 2009
Ford, Nolan lead Shock over Mercury
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Cheryl Ford had 22 points and 11 rebounds and Deanna Nolan scored 21 as the Detroit Shock kept their playoff hopes alive with a 101-99 victory over the Phoenix Mercury
on Tuesday night.
The Shock (14-15) are part of a five-way battle for the final three playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
Phoenix (20-10) got 25 points from Cappie Pondexter and 20 from Diana Taurasi.
The Shock led by as many as 14 points in the second quarter, but Phoenix rallied to pull within 42-39 at the half.
The Mercury went ahead early in the third, and took a 73-70 lead into the fourth quarter on Pondexter's 16-foot jumper as time expired.