Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
Wed September 23, 2009
Flyers get first pre-season win, 5-2 over Red Wings
PHILADELPHIA – James van Riemsdyk, vying for a roster spot at left wing, scored two goals to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to their first pre-season win, 5-2 over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night.
Mike Pyorala, a 28-year-old free agent playing professionally for the first time outside of Scandanavia, and Dan Carcillo, each had a goal and an assist, and Danny Briere also scored for the Flyers (1-2-1).
Jonathan Ericsson and Kris Newbury scored for the Red Wings (2-3), who dropped their third straight game.
Both starting goaltenders went the distance.
Philadelphia's Ray Emery stopped 28 shots. Chris Osgood had 25 saves for Detroit.