Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Wed August 8, 2012
Election 2012: Ingham County Commission Race
There were a number of contested primaries for the Ingham County Board of Commissioners.
Republicans picked Randy Maiville over Renee Sumerix in the 6th district. That was the only contested race for county commissioner on the GOP ballot.
Democrats who won primaries included Sarah Anthony in the 3rd, Deb DeLeon in the 4th, Carol Koenig in the 9th, Brian McGrain in the 10th, Deb Nolan in the 12th, and Kelli Green in the 14th.
Organized labor had boosted challenges in the Koenig, McGrain and Nolan districts over issues that included a lawn mowing contract with the city of Lansing and the disbanding of the county road commission. McGrain and Nolan won easily, while Koenig's margin over Irene Cahill was closer, about 10 percentage points.