Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
A New Look at Eating
Fri June 14, 2013
Eat, Fast & Live Longer with Dr. Michael Mosley
Saturday, June 15, Noon | WKAR | Watch and call or Give Now for special DVD offers.
Follow best-selling British author, journalist and popular TV personality Dr. Michael Mosley as he conducts experiments on himself to improve his health and discovers how the human body works.
Mosley sets an ambitious goal: to become healthier and lose weight while making as few changes as possible to his life.
In working toward these goals, Mosley discovers a powerful new science behind the old idea of fasting, a program that still allows him to enjoy his favorite foods. He takes a road trip across the U.S. to investigate how a little hunger can turn on the body’s “repair genes” and, of course, tries the new science himself.
Mosley learns that a diet based on feast and famine has powerful effects on the body, reducing the risks of heart disease, diabetes and some cancers. The diet seems to pack the anti-aging clout of calorie restriction while still allowing for a taste of the good life. And it turns out to be not only good for the body; it may also be good for the brain.