Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri August 7, 2009
East Lansing police identify suspect linked to explosions
By Kevin Lavery, WKAR News
East Lansing, MI – East Lansing police say they've identified a suspect linked to at least two small explosions in the city in the last two months.
East Lansing residents reported at least four minor explosions across the city this summer. Police Captain Kim Johnson says a series of tips led to the arrest of a 20-year-old MSU student. Johnson says the suspect confessed to detonating two small devices similar to fireworks and police found one more device in the suspect's home in Linden, near Flint.
"We're hopeful that we can find another suspect whom we can tie to the other two explosions," says Johnson. "We may get more evidence and this guy may have done all four but we know we've got two for sure."
The explosions caused some property damages, but no injuries. The East Lansing police and Michigan State Police continue to investigate. No charges have been filed.