Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu February 4, 2010
Ducks keep streaking at home, beat Wings 3-1
ANAHEIM, CA – Ryan Whitney and Kyle Chipchura scored first-period goals, and the Anaheim Ducks extended their winning streak at home to nine games with a 3-1 victory over the Detroit Wed Wings on Wednesday night.
Jonas Hiller made 46 saves after stopping 33 shots Monday in a 3-0 victory at Florida. Bobby Ryan had a goal and an assist, and Ryan Getzlaf added two assists for the Ducks, who can tie the franchise record for consecutive home wins Monday against Los Angeles.
Pavel Datsyuk scored a power-play goal and rookie Jimmy Howard made 27 saves for the injury-ravaged Red Wings, who haven't won consecutive games since Jan. 7 to 9 during a West Coast trip.