Polly wants a cracker, slurry in the stomach and the intestinal squeeze? WATCH NOW
Join the Curious crew as they explore how eating is a complex process. Learn about how your mouth, esophagus, stomach and intestines work to make food digest! Then try the STEM Challenge by making enteric-coated tablets.
Download the #CuriosityGuide
- Polly Wants a Cracker (pdf): A simple and fun way to start thinking about how digestion begins. Youmay want to try this investigation with other foods, too!
- Peristalsis Power (pdf): Do you know how food travels from your mouth to your stomach?
- Acidic Digestion (pdf): Do you know the secrets of your stomach?
- Slurry in the Stomach - Making Chyme (pdf): Find out how the stomach breaks down a meal of crackers and cottage cheese—or anything else!
- Intestinal Lengths (pdf): How long are your intestines? Surprise your friends and family withthis demonstration!
- The Intestinal Squeeze (pdf): Use the slurry, or chyme, that you made in Investigation #4 to find out more about how digestion works.
- Polly Wants ANOTHER Cracker (pdf): Cheese and crackers go together, but are they treated the same way in your mouth? Find out in this fun investigation!
STEM Challenge - Making Enteric-Coated Tablets (pdf): Develop a coating for a “medicine” that will not cause stomach pain.
first air 1/11/16 Ep. 204