Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon January 4, 2010
Defense helps No. 16 Spartans beat Indiana 53-44
BLOOMINGTON, IN – Allyssa DeHaan had 16 points, 12 rebounds and moved into second place on the list for career blocked shots in leading No. 16 Michigan State past Indiana 53-44 on
DeHaan passed IUPUI's Brooke McAfee (447) when she blocked Jori Davis' layup with 5:18 left in the first half. DeHaan finished with three blocks, giving her 449 in her career. TCU's Sandora Irvin holds the national record of 480.
The Spartans (11-4, 2-2 Big Ten) have won seven straight in Bloomington and 87 straight when holding opponents under 50 points.
Davis led Indiana (8-6, 1-2) with 20 points.
Both teams scored their fewest points in a game all season.
Indiana led most of the first half, taking a 20-17 lead into the break. But the Spartans opened the second half on an 11-2 run that gave them a 28-22 lead. They never trailed again.