Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Tue September 15, 2009
Daniels talks about "Escanaba"
By Melissa Ingells, WKAR News
UNDATED – First, there was "Escanaba in da Moonlight," a play by Jeff Daniels that takes place in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Then there was the movie version, and then the sequel play, "Escanaba in Love." Now the third of Daniels' trilogy of plays, simply called "Escanaba," is opening at the Purple Rose Theater in Chelsea, Michigan. It starts September 17th and runs through December 19th. Jeff Daniels is a busy man--he's done several movies this year and is currently starring in the hit Broadway show "God of Carnage." I talked to him by phone recently about the premiere of "Escanaba," and began by asking him if he had intended to write a trilogy from the beginning.