Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue June 2, 2009
Cabinet secretaries to visit Mich., 3 other states
LANSING, Mich. – LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The man in charge of the White House's efforts to help auto-dependent communities and workers get back on their feet is returning to Michigan.
Ed Montgomery will attend meetings today in hard-hit Pontiac and attend events in Romulus and Detroit with two other federal officials.
Among them will be U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, who will join Gov. Jennifer Granholm and other Michigan officials touring General Motors Corp.'s Romulus plant and holding a worker training round-table at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti.
Montgomery also will be in Detroit with Associate Attorney General Tom Perrelli to discuss law enforcement funding and meet privately with Detroit's mayor and police chief.