Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed August 5, 2009
Buick ends title sponsorships with PGA Tour
UNDATED – Buick has ended its sponsorship agreements with the PGA Tour, including the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines where Tiger Woods has won a record six times.
Buick is one of the oldest sponsors in golf and once had its name on five PGA Tour events, including four tournaments in one year. It also signed Woods to a personal endorsement contract, which the world's No. 1 player ended last season, one year ahead of schedule.
The PGA Tour plans to replace the Buick Open with a new tournament at The Greenbrier in West Virginia. The Buick Invitational is one of the strongest tournaments on the West Coast and will need another sponsor.