Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed September 12, 2012
Broad Art Museum On Track for Nov. 9 Opening
The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University is steadily taking shape. Founding director Michael Rush says the site will be a launch point for emerging talent.
Rush spoke of the museum’s progress Wednesday to members of the Lansing Economic Club. He says there’s no paintings yet on the walls, but some installations for artwork and video presentations are ready to go. The staff expects to move into their offices in about 10 days. Rush says the Broad will showcase from up and coming artists.
"We will have a smattering of artists who are well known, but largely the artists that we'll be presenting; we're going to be giving them their first museum shows," Rush says. "We're putting them on the world stage for the first time."
The 46,000 square foot museum designed by architect Zaha Hadid is slated to open to the public November 9.