Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon September 7, 2009
Braxton, Zellous help Shock toward playoffs
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Kara Braxton scored 17 points and fellow reserve Shavonte Zellous added 16 to help the Detroit Shock win their third straight game, beating the Chicago Sky 84-75 Sunday
The win moved the Shock (16-15) over .500 for the first time this season, and put them 1 1/2 games ahead of Chicago, Washington and Connecticut for the third playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Shyra Ely and Candice Dupree finished with 18 each for Chicago, which fell to 15-17.
Deanna Nolan led Detroit with 19 points and eight rebounds, while Cheryl Ford scored 13.
The Shock led 38-36 at the half, but Chicago went ahead late in the third, and took a 58-57 advantage into the fourth before Detroit pulled away.