Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Tue November 22, 2011
Bibles Sent To Prison Contain More Than God's Word
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This seems like a scam in an old gangster movie. A South Carolina prison received two Bibles intended for an inmate. But the Bibles had been hollowed out. They contained razor knives, a cell phone, ecstasy pills and cocaine. The prison returned the package to the sender. Police identified the woman who allegedly mailed the Bibles from a post office, which is the silver lining in this story. Somebody is still using the U.S. mail. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.