Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed March 18, 2009
Arts community meets to discuss funding
By Scott Pohl, WKAR Radio News
Lansing, MI – LANSING, MI (WKAR) - Artists and leaders of local arts groups gathered Wednesday to discuss how to lobby for greater state funding.
In her budget, Governor Jennifer Granholm proposed a cut of $7.5 million in mini-grants to arts organizations.
State representative Joan Bauer of Lansing told the group how to reach legislators on the appropriate sub-committees about restoring the mini-grants.
The Arts Council of Greater Lansing organized the meeting. Along with working to restore funding in the state budget, arts groups looked at ways to share resources during a bad economy.