Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed October 14, 2009
Arenas leads Wizards over Pistons
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Gilbert Arenas, who was fined $25,000 by the NBA earlier in the day for not making himself available to the media, scored 24 points to lead the Washington Wizards to a
101-98 preseason victory over the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday night.
Antawn Jamison added 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Wizards (2-2), who led 46-45 at halftime. Arenas scored 13 points in the third quarter as Washington opened a a 75-68 lead.
Will Bynum scored 23 points for the Pistons (3-1).
The NBA fined the Wizards organization $25,000 for not ensuring that its players follow the league's media interview rules.
After the game, Arenas twice declined to comment on his fine.
"Both teams played hard," he said in the locker room. "I feel fine."