For updates and ideas, follow Melissa's Corporate Support Blog
View a list of current WKAR Corporate Supporters for TV & Radio
Raise Your Profile with WKAR TV and/or Radio
WKAR's Melissa Nay offers a look at corporate investment with WKAR television.
WKAR's Melissa Nay, on how WKAR Radio can help your company or organization connect with our over 53,000 radio listeners on 90.5 FM.
Corporate Support/Underwriting: Philanthropy + Marketing
Corporate Supporters, aka Underwriters, are businesses and organizations offering financial support to WKAR while receiving media exposure on the WKAR network of television and radio stations and online platforms. Underwriting can be described as a marriage of philanthropy and marketing, accessing an exceptionally devoted audience which may be hard to reach through other media. Marketing dollars spent on WKAR are tax deductible!
Underwriting builds brand awareness and trust, generates community goodwill and motivates listeners to support public radio and television.
• 52% of people believe that companies who sponsor public media are more credible than those that advertise commercially
• 85% have taken direct action as a result of an underwriting sponsorship
• 75% hold a more positive opinion of a company when they learn it supports public radio
• 64% prefer to buy products and services from companies who support public media when price and quality are equal
WKAR will work with you and your budget to customize an underwriting campaign with these options:
• Radio announcements that are approximately 15 seconds or 40 words.
• TV announcements that are approximately 20 seconds and 45-50 words
• Both written in objective style that listeners expect and appreciate