One More Way You Can Empower WKAR to Make a Difference in Your Community
Leaving a charitable bequest to WKAR is a way you can continue to support quality public media in your community for decades to come. A charitable bequest is an instruction in your will or personal trust to provide a future gift of cash and/or other assets.
It's an ideal way to combine sound estate planning with thoughtful philanthropy.
Charitable bequests are:
- personal because you choose WKAR programs you wish to remember and support.
- simple because they require no immediate transfer of property or assets nor complicated arrangements.
- enduring because they are legally enforced under the terms of your will or personal trust documents.
- flexible because you can change your mind if your personal or family financial needs or philanthropic goals change.
Choose How You Can Make a Difference
Charitable bequests are a satisfying way to support your area(s) of interest at WKAR. Some of the ways your bequest could be designated include:
- Provide technology to keep WKAR up-to-date on new media platforms
- Support a format such as classical, news, local interest, education, or sports programming.
- Support or create an endowed staff fund for producers, education specialist, or hosts.
Now Is a Good Time to Review your Will
Your will ensures the smooth disposition of your assets.Since estate and tax laws change, it’s important that you and your attorney review your will. As you conduct your review, consider a charitable bequest to WKAR. If you include us in your will, please let us know so we can thank you and provide information about special events and opportunities available to individuals and families who have remembered WKAR in their estate plans.
To learn more about Charitable Bequests, email email@example.com or call (517) 884-4747.
If you don’t have a will, we encourage you to meet with your attorney to prepare one and discuss how you may easily include a charitable bequest to WKAR. If you already have a will, your attorney can amend it to include a charitable bequest to WKAR – oftentimes a new will or trust document is not required.