Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue August 18, 2009
Wood gains key political endorsements
By Rob South, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI – Lansing City Councilmember Carol Wood picked up several Mayoral endorsements from various political and community leaders on Tuesday. Ingham County Chair Debbie Deleon, former state Representative Mike Murphy and former Mayor Tony Benavides are all offering their support.
Joe Graves was the chief of staff for Mayor David Hollister. Graves is endorsing Wood and says she can bring honesty, integrity and civility back to city hall:
"What Carol represents is more focus, more attention to the community and to the neighborhoods," he said. "That is extremely important to me, particularly in this climate we are living in right now."
Wood is running against incumbent Mayor Virg Bernero in November's election.