Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu August 30, 2012
Wis Governor Revs Michigan GOP Delegates
Michigan Republicans got their marching orders Thursday, ahead of Thursday night's acceptance speech by Mitt Romney.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker spoke to the Michigan delegates this morning.
Walker thanked them for helping him defeat a recall effort earlier this year. He says now they have to focus on winning again in November.
“Just like many of you helped me with the recall, I need your help because I know we can carry not only my state, we can carry your state.”
Romney’s deputy campaign manager pledged Thursday that the GOP nominee will maintain an active campaign in Michigan through the November election.
Four years ago, Republican nominee John McCain stopped actively campaigning in Michigan weeks before the election.