Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Wed April 25, 2012
Va. Woman Wins Powerball Twice In Same Day
Originally published on Wed April 25, 2012 8:10 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. We know the odds of winning a million dollar Powerball jackpot - one in five million. But what are the odds of winning that jackpot twice in one day? That's just what Virginia Fike said to herself when she accidentally bought to Powerball tickets instead of one. Whatever they are, she beat the odds. Her five lucky numbers brought her a double win. And last Friday she was handed a check for $2 million. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.