Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu October 18, 2012
University Of Phoenix To Close 8 Mich. Locations
University of Phoenix plans to close eight of its 10 Michigan locations as part of a broader effort to phase out some of its campuses and learning centers.
MLive.com reports it wasn't immediately known how many jobs in Michigan would be affected.
University of Phoenix's Alex Clark says the locations being phased out won't be enrolling new students. They are expected to stay open until current students get degrees.
University of Phoenix plans to keep locations in Detroit and Southfield open.
The closings nationwide include 25 main campuses and 90 smaller satellite learning centers. Following the closures, University of Phoenix will be left with 112 locations in 36 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.