Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Mon June 25, 2012
Ugly Mugly Crowned World's Ugliest Dog
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 1:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Here's a contest we keep up on - the World's Ugliest Dog. And chosen this past weekend in California, the appropriately named Mugly, whose mug was deemed uglier than 28 other competitors. He's a Chinese crested with that breed's crooked snout and also stringy, white whiskers. Mugly was already the U.K.'s ugliest. His prize - a year's supply of cookies and a VIP hotel stay. Missing from the prize package - grooming accessories. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.